Phil's Apricot Glazed Pork Kebabs and Carrot Salad
- Start by learning how to spell kebobs.
- Add Apricot Glazed Pork to Kebabs.
- Put a name like Phil in front of it.
- Pork Tenderloin cut in cubes
- Apricot Glaze by Yoshida (buy it at Sam's in 40 gallon drums) or make your own with some apricots and other stuff. If you read the Yoshida label you can figure out how they do it but when you're making pork Kebabs for forty it doesn't make sense to make your own when Yoshida has gone and done it for you.
- Little sticks you can buy at the Winn Dixie - soaked in water for a while so they don't burn up like wood tends to do in a grill
- Marinade the pork in the Apricot glaze for a couple hours or follow their directions and brush it on just prior to grilling. I like to marinade.
- Prepare a grill with charcoal or hickory wood - or just turn on the gas and ignite - for the café I'm doing them in the smoker with Hickory.
- Put the pork on the sticks
That's about it.
It's pretty simple - shredded (peeled) carrots , raisins, some sugar and a little mayonnaise to hold it together. Mix it up and serve. You can put other stuff in there as well - red onions, celery, peanuts, in fact anything you like - but I prefer it simple - carrots, raisins, some sugar and mayonnaise.