Pastor Phil’s Fall Harvest Salad
We make salad for 160+ and Cathy, our salad chef, mixes the café salads in a bus tub (think Tupperware on steroids) so this is a guess as to what I would use if I were making salad for six.
- 16 oz Mixed baby field greens – fancy name for baby weeds
- 1 10 oz can shoestring cut beets - drained
- 1 small package cherry tomatoes – cut tomatoes in half
- 1 small package Oceanspray® Cranraisins
- 1 small red onion – cut in thin strips
- 4 oz goat cheese – cut into small cubes
- 8 oz candied pecans – recipe below (8 oz is probably more than you need but if you are like the café cooking crew at least half will never make it to the salad)
- Paul Newman’s® Light Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette
Combine ingredients, toss with salad dressing and serve!
- 8 oz shelled pecans
- ½ stick butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- Melt butter in sauté pan over medium heat
- Mix in brown sugar until smooth
- Add water and mix well
- Add pecans and toss to coat
- Increase heat and cook until water evaporates stirring occasionally
- Remove pecans from pan with slotted spoon and spread on a non-stick cooking sheet or on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. (spread evenly otherwise pecans will stick to each other)
- Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt – add your favorite pepper mixture for a spicy pecan
- Bake in a 250ºoven until pecans are dry.