I'm not going to lie to you. You can't get Italian Beef at the Café. You have to go to Chicago or New York and talk to someone who says youse guys instead of ya'll. At the café you'll get my version of the classic sidewalk supper - close but no cigar, if you know what I mean.
So here's what youse guys need.
Roast Beef sliced thin
Onions - sliced thin
Green Peppers - sliced thin
A blend of Italian spices
Salt & Pepper
Tomato Paste - get the one with Italian spices.
- Put the Onions, Green Peppers in a foil pan with the Italian spices, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Cover with foil
- Bake at 375 until your kitchen smells like Pizza Hut - maybe 30 - 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the stock and Tomato paste
- Mix in the Beef and put back in oven until heated
- Slice Italian Bread in half
- Mound with hot Beef, Onions, Peppers and juice.
Serve with napkins