- Friday, June 14th - “Tie the Knot” at 10am: Please join this new daytime group in the Fellowship Hall for quilt tying and sewing. If sewing, please bring your own machine. Please bring food to share.
- Friday, June 14th - Project Night at 6pm: Please join us in the Fellowship Hall for quilting or work on your own personal projects. We will begin with a shared light potluck supper.
- Saturday, June 15th - LWR quilters at 10am: LWR Quilters will meet in the Fellowship Hall from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., with a break for a potluck lunch. You do not need to be able to sew. All welcome. Bring a sack lunch or food to share, with beverages being provided.
- Thursday, June 6th & June 20th – Yarnwinders at 9:30am: The Yarn Winders (Knitters & Crocheters) meet from 9:30 am. to Noon in the library. The Wednesday group is on break for the summer and will resume when Café resumes. Those who would like to learn how to knit and/or crochet are very welcome. Please contact Bonnie Dykhouse at 817-485-7508 if you have any questions.
- Saturday, June 22nd – The Military Quilters at 10am: The Military Quilters meet in the Family Life Center from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
MAY "IN KIND" DONATIONS
50 magazines, 3 large bags of travel size toiletries
5 receiving blankets, 15 hardback books,
6 motivational books
20 pairs of jeans, 45 T-shirt’s, 4 bras,20 dres,s shirts
5 large bags of miscellaneous women’s clothes,
6 large bottles of shampoo, 4 receiving blankets,
15 toothbrushes, 5 bars of soap, 3 tubes of toothpaste,
4 manicure kits
THANK YOU so much to all the members that donated the much needed items to above organizations. Thank you.
IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!
What do we accept?
Greeting cards, used cell phones, school kit supplies, toiletries, magazines & paperback books, Xmas stockings, quilting sheets & fabric, underwear, t shirts, socks.
Please see collection boxes in long hallway for details.
2018 Lutheran World Relief (LWR) Efforts
In 2018, LWR distributed to 601,144 beneficiaries in 25 countries a total of 745,024 supplies. Please know that to this effort Texas contributed 19,556 quilts and over 25,000 kits (various).
Well done TEXAS!!
Thank you to all those who helped make the Bold Women’s Day celebration on 02/24th such a success.
Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
NEED A GOOD SPRING SPIRITUAL CLEANING??
It’s important for believers in Christ to do a spiritual spring cleaning. When we dust behind our bookshelves, let us dust off our favorite Bible and get ready for a spiritual spring cleaning.
How about we start with cleansing our hearts?
The first step in our cleaning project is drawing close to God and allowing our hearts and bodies to be cleaned as the Bible encourages us. We cannot clean by ourselves. Instead, we must ask God to do the cleansing.
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and put a new and right spirit within me. (Psalm 51:10)
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not rely on your own insight. (Proverbs 3:5)
Deep cleaning our mouths
When our heart gets clean, our language should follow. Not only bad language, but negative talk and pessimistic thoughts can destroy the word of God and our faith. One challenge is to stop complaining.
The good person out of the good treasure of the heart produces good, and the evil person out of evil treasure produces evil; for it is out of the abundance of the heart that the mouth speaks. (Luke 6:45)
Renewing our minds: Taking out the garbage
One of the biggest struggles for most of us is removing the garbage from our minds. We must feed our minds and spirits with the word of God instead of the garbage of this world.
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:2)
Repenting from hidden sin
What is a hidden sin? Anger, bitterness, resentment, envy, jealousy, unforgiveness. These will destroy our peace and our health. The Bible says to confess our sin.
Happy are those to whom the Lord imputes no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. (Psalm 32:2)
Jesus in our daily life
God wants to be involved in big and small moments of our life. Let us open our lives and let the light of God’s presence shine into every part of our life.
God is faithful; by him you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. (1 Corinthians 1:9)
Learn to laugh at ourselves and at life
God wants us to enjoy and live our lives with joy and thanksgiving. Joy from the Lord is our strength. Without joy it is easy to fall into sin.
The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts; so I am helped, and my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. (Psalm 28:7)
Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy. (Psalm 126:2a)
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. (Philippians 4:4)
If we do all of the above, you will be on your way to spiritual cleansing. When we read and live in God’s word, our attitudes will change, and we become instruments of peace.
Dinah Dutta, is pastor of St. Mark’s Lutheran Church in Emporia, Kansas.