Calvary’s Room in the Inn’s winter season is in full swing!
Room in the Inn is a ministry where Calvary provides conversation, kindness, clothing, housing, showers, dinner, breakfast & “lunch to go” for 15 guests. These guests are pre-screened and we pick them up at 4pm on Tuesday afternoons and return them at 7am Wednesday mornings.
This ministry occurs during the July & August (hottest summer months) and December, January & February (coldest months of the winter).
There are many ways to serve with Room in the Inn and you are welcome to be a part of this ministry team!
- Set up the room (beds, tables, clothes, etc) on Tuesdays (3:15 pm)
- Snacks, clothes selection, lunch making, dinner preparation on Tuesdays (4pm)
- Serving dinner, dishes, socializing with guests on Tuesdays (6pm)
- Take down on Wednesday mornings (6:30am-ish)
Other Ways to Serve:
- Bring food (we take turns bring lunch making supplies and dinner entrees & sides)
- Be part of our laundry team (weekly or as needed when someone is out of town)
- All ages welcome! Our youngest volunteer was 2 years old and the oldest is ...(well, a great grandparent)
For more information, call
Amy Thomas 817-992-2912, Kay Kime 817-455-1459 or Nancy Rouze 817-228-0131