The last few months have stretched us to be creative and find ways to engage in, and celebrate, ministry beyond our walls. This spring we rolled up our sleeves and got creative. Our spring included many of our normal activities, but they looked different.
- Confirmation continued through Zoom
- High School continued through Zoom
- Faith Bags delivered to high school & college
- Day Camp preparation continued through Zoom and small groups
- Kid’s Club & Sunday School moved to Faith at Home bags which were delivered to families for 3 months. These contained faith activities for families: prayer activities, devotions, crafts, movie nights, etc
- Children wrote letters
- Daily Facebook songs & Bible Stories with Pr. Phil and Janelle for our preschool & elementary kids.
- Family Camping happened via Zoom!
Our families were able to live into Deuteronomy 6:4-8
4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a] 5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.
- Calvary summers are usually full of camps & trips, but not weekly activities. Our highlight was Day Camp which we “kicked off” with a socially distanced event and then sent At Home Day Camp.
- This pandemic has also brought many moments of grief. We mourned the loss of Mission Trip and Confirmation Camp. We were saddened by the rescheduling of Senior Sunday and Confirmation. Our Day Camp staff worked hard to adapt to At Home Day Camp.
Our families covet your prayers as we move forward into the fall with school and faith formation!
Peace, Janelle Miller, Youth Director & Michael Newbrough, Church Council